Friday, June 25, 2004

I had cancelled bell sympatico a couple months ago - and I suddenly started receiving calls from them over the last week. Turns out they wanted me at a focus group session..I was interested to see the process, as I hadn't been in a corporate-type focus group before.. It was wednesday night, and it lasted from 8pm - 9:30pm...pretty much boring with regular people offering marketing advice - things like "Well, I think the colours should stay EXACTLY the same as the rest of sympatico, because that's what brand recognition is". Yeah, real useful advice. Big companies sure find interesting ways to spend money instead of takin' a sec to actually think properly. Anyways, they did pay 75 bucks for the 1.5 hours - so not all was lost..:) Before that i played b-ball again - getting better (back to where i was), and then as i was driving over to the focus group (i was just going to make it on time), a tire popped big time...i dumped my car in a parking space on the street and took a cab to the focus group...afterwards I walked down to the car to check the spare - oops, it's flat too. So i left it there until the next morning, when I found out that my roadside service just expired last month. Well now, i must finally be equal on the karma level by now!!!! Anyways, a tow was only 50 bucks anyways...and I bought two new front tires - the other one was about to go 'bang' anyways.. With my new front tires, my car doesn't "jiggle" at 100+ km/hr!!! Ooooooo....smoooooth ride......

No comments: